OB3 beta 4 released
18 February 2012
We're excited to announce the release of OB3 beta 4, the web application for online study. OB3 is the result of over 3 years of research and development, we're committed to improving the way graduate and professional education is delivered online.
Significant features of this release include:
- Document sharing: share OB3 files or folders with colleagues, or publish to groups & courses with options to control what people can do within your content.
- Discussions: all OB3 documents now support discussions which are attached to any element within a document.
- OB3 Powerpoint (PPT) converter (Windows) - Migrate your PPT content into OB3 with a single click converter. Supports multimedia presentations with video, audio, annotated images. Flexible options control how your presentation is converted. Perfect for converting Medical PPT presentations to OB3.
- Export/Import: backup your OB3 documents for an offline copy of your work (saves as XML).
- Document history: all changes to documents are recorded. Use the history menu to review changes or undo mistakes. History is available on each element within a document (e.g. a paragraph) as well as the whole document.
- In-browser audio recording. From the element control bar select More -> Audio, then click the Microphone tab. Record audio and upload directly into OB3 without any additional software (other than Flash).
- Many minor enhancements (such as support for superscript and subscript), layout improments, help message improvements, printing, linking between OB3 documents.
- Support for Chrome Frame for older Internet Explorer browsers.
Earlier releases of OB3 provided:
- A fully featured multimedia document authoring editor.
- Intuitive editing features: click on anything in your document to edit, your changes are saved as you work.
- Copy and paste compatability between web pages, MS Word documents and OB3. Use copy and paste to import text with ease.
- Support for a wide variety of modern web browsers.
- Drag and drop integration between the desktop and OB3 in your browser: add files, images, videos etc to your documents via drag and drop.
Rodney Tamblyn | CEO & Founder | oceanbrowser.com email: rodney at oceanbrowser.com
< Back to News